Sunday, October 14, 2012

Multiple Perspectives

I'm way confused about a section of writing within Azazel because there is so much going on from several different characters that I see no easy way to consolidate it down to a simple thing, even if I rewrite it entirely.

Or do I even need to do that? I ask this because (though it doesn't seem odd to me) I wonder if its distracting to have so many people coming together as if in a finale. And even though its not the finale, it is a major turning point in the book.

After all, I've been repeatedly chastised by my editor for providing too many perspectives.

Now I've broached this subject before and received a little feedback. I've also heard nothing but praise from people who've read the first book, especially from the college ranks, which is who I want to market towards, though not entirely. Anyway, I wonder what I can do to simplify it even if it's possible to do so. Or even should I?

2 comments:

  1. I think as long as each character plays an essential part to the storyline, go for the multiple characters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of stories use multiple POVs. The demarkation between the different points of view needs to be distinct, as in a split between sections or chapters.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete