Sunday, March 11, 2012

Launch

So my first book has been published and all I’ve got to say is it’s been a long time coming. Though my first emotion was anxiety (fear that it really wasn’t going to happen), that has all changed. Since I first found the book available on the web, it’s been pure joy. I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can start to think about the future. And in that mindset, I must begin with a few thanks.

First, I want to thank my publisher who I met completely by chance almost a year ago. More to the point, she could’ve ignored me altogether, but instead took the time to sit down and read a couple pieces I wrote and was willing to take a chance on me where so many others sent rejection letters. Without her none of this would’ve been possible and my dream might never have been realized.

Second, beyond the few I listed in the dedication (those who have either pushed me or put up with me), I want to thank the few who have read my book and deemed it worthy of publication. These (CJIS) few have been a great bunch and have turned my hotel away from home into a home away from home. I can’t wait to see them again, tell them all thanks, and sign a few copies because they’ve been better than friends.

Third, I’d like to thank my family and friends. Not all of them could show up for my book launch party, but their support is undeniable. Particularly I’d like to thank my in-laws who not only sent me a nice congratulatory card, but also purchased several copies in support of my effort. Along the same lines I’d like to thank my brother who read the book in a day (probably an hour – darn speed reader) and immediately asked how long he had to wait for the next one to come out. From the sounds of it, he liked the book.

So to answer his question, I say hopefully not too long as I’ve contacted my publisher and am getting contracts sent for the next two books, Limbus and Azazel. Seeing as it takes about 6-9 months to go through the process, hopefully both will be out within the year. Also, to speed up the process a little (I hope), I’m doing a complete edit of both books which I hope will speed up the editing process and I’m being clearer on the graphics for the covers now that I understand the process better.

Again, thanks to everyone. Now I must get back to editing.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, man!

    Writing a book is perceived as something we do in a vacuum, away from others, but if we're doing it "right" I think it's almost always going to be a collaboration.

    ReplyDelete