Friday, March 2, 2012

A Quicky

Just a quick note for whomever may be listening - my book became available on Kindle and Nook today. For some this may seem rather minor, but for me this is huge. For almost 30 years I've been putting pen to paper in the hopes I might write something good enough to be read by the general public. Over those years I've written around 7000 pages of material across several genre's. I've labored through weekends and holidays and spare minutes of time in the oddest of places in order to put a voice to my imagination. And now my struggle to get published (a ten year struggle) has finally crested and I'm on the down side of the hill.

This is not to say I'm finished in any way, but rather that I have reached a life goals. I smile, a glow which doesn't convey my pounding heart or tingling body, but its there nonetheless. From the onset, nervousness and excitement have propelled me through this day. Tomorrow I suppose this will all be surreal as reality sinks in and I can begin to breath easy. The next day this may possibly all  be forgotten as I look toward getting a few more of my pages published. Nevertheless, I have a sense of satisfaction, of accomplishment.

Though my work may not stand alongside Poe or Twain in lasting the test of time, for now I know I can find my labor of love at the same places where I can find theirs, at a book store. This could very well be one of the best days of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I know I've said it a thousand times already, but CONGRATS!! You've earned it and I'm so proud that you've been able to accomplish a life goal. Not may people can say that. I can't wait to see what the future will bring as more of your work is shared with the world...your potential is limitless and I hope you'll be inspired for many years to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement and support. Its been a long road, but days like today make it all worth it. And with any luck I'll have several more days just like today.

    ReplyDelete