Monday, February 27, 2012

A Common Theme

For those of you who have followed my blog or writing you know I’m rather prolific. I’ve written fifteen books all averaging 350 pages or more. Of these books, thirteen of them (both my Jeremiah Stone series and my Chaos series) have some sort of religious aspect to them. This is not to say they are centered on God, but rather on some sort of religious fervor. Just why this is I don’t know, but the funniest thing about it is my uncle has recently published a book called The Puzzle Keeper with is wholly based on confirming the Bible (Genesis) through science. At one time both of us remarked on how each of our books tackles religion is some way, shape, or form. Granted they are from different angles, but the oddity of it was surprising to us both.

Now I’ve just started a sixteenth book which I’ve titled Burden and once again note it deals with religion. And up until now I haven’t wondered why. I guess it’s because it’s a mystery to me and I’m intrigued by what a supreme being would be like. Along those lines let me say there is no way I can or should try to imagine it. Nor could I even comprehend it even if I tried to wrap my senses around it. Still I view it as the unexplainable and want to classify it in my writing. I also want to open up people’s thoughts into new realms of possibilities in my own feeble way.

I guess the reason is because I like to think, to imagine the unreal, and want to bring others along for the ride. And if anyone gains any insight into reality through my writing then I hope they share it with me because I’d love to hear it.

Besides, another book may come out of it. For now, however, l plan to deal with the dilemma of Burden and get back to writing.

2 comments:

  1. I find religion incredibly interesting, so it doesn't surprise me that it seeps into your writing. How could it not? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't side with a particular religion but I do have some "images" and associative imagery in mind because that's what I grew up with. I think religion varies with the individual...but resonates with their understanding in a higher power/higher being, etc. I like your writing because it doesn't focus just on the religious aspects, they are secondary to the story.

    ReplyDelete