Monday, February 20, 2012

Preparing Limbus

So this may be a bit premature since my first book Jeremiah Stone still hasn’t hit the shelves yet, but I’m already working on getting the second book of the series ready.

Having taken a careful look at the recommendations which were suggested to me during the editing process of Jeremiah Stone, I am now doing a thorough edit of Limbus taking all of it into account. I’m finding that I’ve made a lot of the same mistakes. The good thing is the mistakes are not nearly as bad even though I’m only a third of the way through the book at present. In all, I’ve only had to correct a few paragraphs while only completely deleting one. Overall, I do think it’s a better book already and I haven’t even gotten to the true action scenes.

What I find amazing is that during both the read-thru of Jeremiah Stone and this initial edit of Limbus, I have forgotten so much about what happens. Just as when I went through Jeremiah Stone, when editing Limbus I’m often caught-up in the story and forget I’m supposed to be making corrections.

The second thing I’ve discovered is that Jeremiah Stone starts with pure action and rarely slows down whereas Limbus starts slower and gradually builds while having a much darker tone as the story evolves. And seeing as Limbus is only the first of two novels for this part of the story, I have the time to steadily grow the characters and story until the end of Limbus and throughout Azazel, which is pure adrenaline.

Currently I have one person who has read Jeremiah Stone and Limbus and is nearly finished with Azazel. His comments have all been very positive, especially concerning one fight scene within Azazel. I hope he says that action sequence is nothing compared to the final battle. Not to mention the twist at the very end which I hope will raise a few eyebrows. Of course, Jeremiah Stone doesn’t end there as the book Beginnings takes a look at how Jeremiah Stone became the person he is.

And I guess we’ll have to see if there is another book possible if I can find a way to carry on the story. All that depends on the readers and if there is a demand for more. Hopefully there is and I’ll have to start thinking of something along those lines soon.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to be pro-active in this respect. I'm sure there will be a demand for more post-Jeremiah Stone, so you're on your way to quickly publishing Limbus soon, too! Awesome progress (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cool to see you taking this seriously, and trying to get the best out of your work.

    ReplyDelete