Friday, February 3, 2012

Jeremiah Stone - Edits

Let me begin by saying I finally got the first round of edits back on Jeremiah Stone from the publisher. As I indicated in my early blog entries I have been nervously anticipating them with a mixture of fear and excitement. I am pleased to announce it wasn’t half as bad as I thought it was going to be. In fact, here are the editor’s opening words:

“Let me start by saying, job well done! Your story line and plot are riveting and kept me engaged, not something easily done as I’ve read so much in my twenty-some odd years of editing off and on in some capacity or other.”

Reading these first few words seemed to settle my mind a bit before the editor went into a few areas I needed for improvement. For most of the areas in which I do need improvement, I’ve already realized them of late and have corrected them with my last and current project (Dream Savior and Burden). As for the 3 other Jeremiah Stone novels I’ve written, I will have to spend a good amount of time correcting them before I continue writing Burden. I say this because of another thing the editor relayed in her notes to me, which was:

“I do hope there are more books coming as I’d like to see what happens to Jeremiah. I believe your readers will as well.”

This bodes well for getting my other books published, so I’m excited. It’s still hard for me to believe that I’ve been writing for over 25 years and only now getting published. It’s a great feeling as I count the days until my book is available on the shelf…tick, tick, tick… SMILE!!!

I also must add one last comment the editor made:

“Again, job well, done. One of the easiest edits I’ve had in a while.”

If those were the only words she said then I’d be happy. Those words also encourage me to do more while bringing meaning to all the time and effort I’ve put into this hobby. Hopefully, at some point in time this will be more than just something I do to escape the stress of the real-world when away from home. I also hope you, the reader, enjoy the story I’ve written.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous progress and good comments from your editor. Sounds like you handle criticism well. Excited to see your first of many books published (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think 25 years is too long to wait, and I'm excited that you're getting the opportunity finally. Good luck, Scott!

    Hopefully I get similar reviews, time will tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. Hope this will be the first of many.

    ReplyDelete