Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jeremiah Stone - 4 Book Series

There are actually four books to the ‘Jeremiah Stone’ series. Those books are: Jeremiah Stone, Limbus, Azazel, and Beginnings and were written in this order. However, in the chronological order of the story ‘Beginnings’ comes first.

The story ‘Beginnings’ started as just a teaser trailer for the series which I posted on my first blog sight. As I added more and more to the blog, a true storyline started to develop. Before I knew it, I was seventy-six pages into it and just starting. It was about that time that I pulled all the content from my blog and started putting some serious time into turning it into another book. At that point in time, however, there was no villain. The story hadn’t gotten that far yet, but once I decided to make it a book I knew I needed to develop a true ‘bad guy’ which would challenge Jeremiah to the core. I believe I have done this successfully with a mob pretender named Korsikov. Of course Jeremiah doesn’t really care about Korsikov until push comes to shove, at which time Jeremiah decides to take a little vengeance out on the fellow.

Now if you’ve read Jeremiah Stone (a few have) or all my blog posts concerning Jeremiah Stone, then you may be aware of the fact Jeremiah has died twice. It’s in ‘Beginnings’ where Jeremiah dies for the first time. During this experience he finds himself in purgatory facing judgment, though he barely senses the decision being made, though he is aware something is going on concerning his life and death. Once released from Purgatory and back into the world of the living, he begins to sense the presence of those possessed by either angels or demons, though he doesn’t know exactly what it is yet. He only knows something feels wrong about certain people. This is explained in ‘Jeremiah Stone’ and represents his curse, that when he returns to the living he’s gained knowledge about the truth of the world. This knowledge saves his life.

As I’ve said, though, he’s died twice. It’s shortly after his second death, between ‘Beginnings’ and ‘Jeremiah Stone’, in which his curse of knowledge manifests itself into hearing voices in his head. These voices, however, are actually the angels or demons talking amongst each other over the ether. This is when he decides to seek a bit of revenge on God and the Devil for being cursed as a freak. The object he uses to enact his revenge is one ‘Zygi Wolf’, a medium player in a new world of crime, but just why both God and the Devil want Zygi, Jeremiah has no idea. Realistically though, he doesn’t care as long as they begin to focus their attention on him instead of Mr. Wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment