Monday, January 16, 2012

March 3rd

Ok, I know I said I’d go into the character of Jebediah Smith during this blog session, but I’m going to have to hold off for a week. My apologies if you were looking forward to it, but I have news.

Now I knew my story ‘Jeremiah Stone’ was supposed to come out sometime in the February-March timeframe, but I found out recently that March 3rd is my release date. Needless to say, a smile crosses my face because this news somehow cements the fact I’m be published. Just what this means (ie number of publishing houses, pricing, etc) in have no idea which causes me to laugh at myself slightly. Of course I’m always laughing at myself slightly because I never imagined this ever happening if though I’ve wanted to be published for years now.

To me, it’s almost a surreal achievement, a life goal I never suspected to accomplish.

Now here’s the funny part; I haven’t even received the first edits back yet, which means when I do I have to ‘accept/deny’ the changes within a couple of days before sending it back. This will not be easy! Also, since this is the first book to be edited in detail (besides by myself and a friend of mine), I suspect there will be thousands of changes (after all the book is 100,000 words long).

The other note that crosses my mind is how much of the story will actually be changing. Will it be grammatical or content, or a lot or a little of both. On top of that, there are 4 scenes I’m debating on keeping or expanding or flat out removing because of ‘adult’ content and I wonder if they will be considered out-of-place or necessary for the story.

Either way, through it all, I guess I will find out soon enough.

Beyond all of the edits and back-and-forth between the publisher and myself, I will need something from the few who have read Jeremiah Stone already, and this is a review (hopefully a good one). I’d also like to know if the edits (changes) make the story better, worse, or simply easier to read. I’m counting on you for this.

Realistically, though, I’m holding my breath wondering which day the edits will show up in my in-box. Pins and needles, people. PINS AND NEEDLES. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a firm date set!

    I can't wait to read it after editing and compare it to what I've already read. That whole process is pretty interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Can't wait to get a signed copy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, and signed copies for both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete