Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dream Savior Plus

So I’m pleased to announce my novel ‘Dream Savior’ is finished. I completed it in a rush of words and thoughts during a 12 hours trip home. The ending of the book is as I wanted it, though it seems a bit abrupt at first, but that’s when the reader realizes the climatic ending of the story is not the true climatic end. There’s still another 20 pages beyond that which twist and turn and slither about like a snake through tall grass. This, of course, has always been my style of writing, which is to say – always leave them guessing until the end. This time I think I’ve accomplished just that, though a thorough reader may catch on long before the twist is revealed.

Now there is one thing I have to admit, which is ‘Dream Savior’ is not really finished by any means, though I have written it to the end. Much more lies ahead, like a complete read through, a rewrite of several dream sequences, multiple rounds of editing, and probably a full printing and reading by my son, who wants to read this as soon as he finishes the Jeremiah Stone series (he’s on his third book of the four already). Hopefully I can complete all the above before handing him a semi-finished copy of ‘Dream Savior’. I guess I have a lot of work still ahead of me and not much time to do it. And even when I’m done with ‘Dream Savior’, I have the story ‘Burden’ to continue working on.

On another note, I’ve gotten some good feedback on a few of my Jeremiah Stone novels. Granted there is some editing which needs to be done, but the stories themselves are intriguing, engaging, and action packed. I also got a good review from someone who doesn’t normally read this genre’ even though she was just given a few pages in the middle of the story. That is the best kind of news to get and encourages me to continue my writing (not that I’d stop because what else do I have to do when I’m traveling). Anyway, one of the readers/reviewers is on the 3rd book (Azazel) and I can’t wait for him to give me his final verdict. This same person did say, however, that the second book (Limbus) was more exciting than the first. My son also said the 4th book (Beginnings) was better than the first (Jeremiah Stone), and he’s currently reading Limbus along with another friend. All-in-all I find myself smiling.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm working on Limbus right now. I always find it interesting how books get looked over, edited, some scenes changed to tighten the story, etc.

    Oh, and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also reading Limbus and love it so far :-)
    Glad you're getting some good feedback on Jeremiah Stone...I bet you're so close to publishing you can taste it!

    ReplyDelete