Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Introverted Mind

A piece of writing from my past...

----


For a dozen dark eternities and across a million miles of endless wastelands I walk, but these are just the jagged steps I take within my mind. In an attempt to discover myself, I became lost. I explored the crevasse, the gulf separating reality and fiction, and all of the emptiness held within in the hopes of finding that which I have endlessly searched for, but I am only further away from it now then when I began. I have found no meaning, no answers to deep questions, and no awe-inspiring thought. In fact, I find more questions without answers. I find the world turned around with bits flowing in directions unimagined. I find a separation of fact and reality, where the conceptual belief brings about a turn within the actual. I wonder how can this be. Can the mind define the reality? I have no way of confirming my suspicions, but I can feel the world bearing down upon my shoulders as my small belief goes against the norm. So I turn and walk away.

My giving in is a submission to follow and not to lead, but that is my choice. I will choose, when the time comes, to air my voice alongside another. I will lend my support to a braver, stronger, heartier man than I because he has the strength to fight the norm. His beliefs, though the same as mine at one time, will change the world, even though I held them long before he did. He will receive the credit, take the praise, and be glorified for his accomplishments while I receive nothing. It does not bother me for I have moved on. I have found other discoveries, but again I keep them to myself and wait for another to bring them forth. Why you might ask? Because I lack the means to validate my theories and the world does not support my ideas right now. So I turn and walk away.

In my ignorance, I watched the world pass me by, but worse yet I let my imagination die with each passing day. I have succumbed to the norm. I look back now and realize it has all been by choice. My choices, made for foolish reasons; made out of fear, made out of ignorance, made out of weakness, were my own. I have no one to blame, but myself. So I have wasted my life. What I do have in return, though, are the memories of bloodied feet and longing loneliness of the miles I’ve walked across the endless waste that is my mind. It is not a satisfying thought, but then few are when you only share them with yourself.

And yet again, I turn and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment