Thursday, June 27, 2013

Moods

If you've been keeping up with my blog then you know I've been editing Burden (my last completed project). The edits have been rough, but now the story has become readable. Moreover, the man character begins to show his personality, his drive, and it all has to do with conveying the mood he's in. Whether is fear or elation, dread or hate; he's now recognizing his motivation, something he hasn't done before. Because of that, he's filling out as a person you my endear to or come to sympathize with. By the end, I hope you understand his choice and, under his circumstances, make the same choice yourself. It's a stretch, but living the person's life, feeling the person's loves and hates, and understanding his moods only enables you to become a step closer to being that person. That's the difference I'm making now in my edits.

Now for something different:

I’m sad you’re so far away from my heart,
I can’t begin to count the days we've been apart.
Joy has left me as worry starts to take its toll,
Filling this aching deep within my lonely soul.

Will you remember me, will I lighten your step,
Or will I just banish what little we have left?
Now I begin to count the days we've been apart,

And I’m sad you’re so far away from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment