Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Quickie

I'm gonna make this quick today because I'm tired... tired of editing... tired of re-reading the same thing a dozen times looking for mistakes... and just plan tired. Despite all this though, I do have some good news. My son read through Burden and like the story, suggested a few changes, and after a few days thinking about how to adjust the ending, those changes have really enhanced the book. Unfortunately, the editing of the book has started and it's worse than I'd originally thought. I wrote the novel in first person, from the main characters point of view in the present, however, I don't seem to follow this all the time. Correcting this is easy, but time consuming. Thankfully, I'm a quarter of the way through the book already and I'm feeling much better about how the story reads,though I have yet to have my son read the new ending.

On another note, I'm getting edits back, reviewing cover designs, and preparing myself for another convention: GenCon in Indy. It's going to be a heck of a trip and I hope I can pull it off as I don't think I'll have much help manning the booth.Volunteers? Anyway, getting excited in lieu of how exhausted I am. I'll be glad when I can finally relax near the end of the year and just write (or so I dream).

Signing off now. Good night and may your dreams be filled with action heroes, dangerous villains, and beautiful damsels in distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment