Saturday, August 3, 2013

Progress Being Made

So I've been a little bit busy lately working on several projects: self-publishing Beginnings-A Jeremiah Stone Novel through CreateSpace, editing The Ferryman-An Opus Wright Novel which should be out shortly, and rewriting The Burden of Immortality from the correct point-of-view. Considering all this, I pleased to say Beginnings is out and the editing/rewriting is complete and both those books should be out shortly. I'm very excited.

On another note, I'm preparing for GenCon Indianapolis which will occur between Aug 15-19. I have a booth there to promote my books and have shipped three boxes full out there and will have to hand-carry the rest of the stuff. Wish me luck since I think I'm doing the convention pretty much by myself. That's 40,000 people I hope to coral to my writing, though I'll be happy with just getting two thousand to come by and take a business card. I also don't want to return with books, so I hope to sell the 80+ I shipped.

Now, for a bit of The Ferryman, here's the Prelude I wrote. It's simple, concise, and leads directly into the story:

The demon Hades wants a servant. Someone who can do his bidding, yet appear independent. Someone completely unattached to him and to the world. Someone he can mold and manipulate from afar. Someone without a sense of morality, who can kill without a second thought. Someone he can develop into an angel and demon killer. Someone who believes Hades isn't as he appears.

He believes he’s found that person in Shawn Patrick, a man who has just recently lost his sense of life. However, as the episode plays out, Hades knows he’s wrong. Shawn Patrick isn't the perfect candidate. In fact, he’s found someone better. Someone…younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment