Wednesday, December 11, 2013

You Above All Else

There is time I've spent in Paris. I have seen the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre. I have seen the Mona Lisa and been in awe of every detail. I have seen the flying buttresses of Notre Dame and wondered at the inventions of man. There is time I've spent in Rome. I have seen the ruins of an ancient empire. I've seen the Vatican and all that’s within. I've even had mass with the Pope.
I've spent time on the sandy beach of Sicily and let the waves crash against my soul. I've seen lightning storms off the Sahara that strike fear into the hearts of demons. I've even been to Jerusalem and walked the path of Jesus. I've felt the masses of emotions overcome me why standing beneath his resting place because nobody stands above the Son of God. And I have shed tears at his sacrifice.
I've been a hundred other place and done a thousand other things, experiencing the best any man can enjoy. And I've imagined great things, things unbelievable, thing incomprehensible to anyone but myself. But what I fail to understand is how all of them pale in comparison to spending a single moment with you.

I wrote this piece a long while ago, but after finding it in my romance novel I thought I'd share it with you ahead of publishing. I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment