Thursday, May 1, 2014

Long Time

It's been a while since I've posted on here, but it's not for lack of writing. In reality, I've been working on several projects (Dream Savior, Child of Need, Hades, etc...) and updating Facebook with posts (www.facebook.com/pages/S-Scott-Twigg), but they are only snippets of what I've been working on. This entry, however, I hope will contain more.

First off, I'm still disappointed I didn't make ECCC (Emerald City Comic Convention 2014). Somehow, my application got lost and I didn't get a table/booth. Next year: Certified Mail!!! Hopefully by then I'll have a few more books out, genre's for every reader, and that will make the convention even more exciting and successful for me.

Along those lines of publishing, I'm getting near the end of Hades which will put the final exclamation point on the Stone Vengeance series (maybe). I might leave it open for something more, but right now I highly doubt it will get written even if I can think of a suitable story line.

In addition to Hades, I have A Romance Novel almost ready for publication. I just need a final review and cover done, then it'll hit Amazon. For this book, I'm thinking of going Amazon Direct which means I can play with pricing a bit more and even offer special discounts.

Beyond those two, there's my book Dream Savior which I'm now co-authoring. So far, it's much better due to this new perspective. Unfortunately, agreeing on the direction of the story seems to be an issue we both have to overcome. Nevertheless, I hope to continue to work on it and have it out sometime 2015.

On a down note, Child of Need has stagnated. I'm lost as to where to go next. For a while, the story was great then I got stuck, worked it out, but got stuck again. That's where it sits and its not moving. I'm disappointed in myself for not planning it out better, but eventually I'll get the groove back on and complete it.

Now for the best news (though I may of mentioned it before). My Shadow Gods series had an issue at the very beginning of Book 1 - too many characters introduced. I have sense re-read and re-written the offending chapter and surrounding gaps caused by the change. Now the book is ready for some serious editing. As soon as I get Hades and A Romance Novel published, it's next on the list. Of course I will work on other things, but this series is my baby. It's the reason I've written all these other books: experience!!! Now, with a half-dozen books under my belt, I feel as if I can now do the series justice. Seriously, it's my pride and joy.

I guess that's it for now. If anyone wants a snippet of any of my novels, just message me or leave a comment and I'll be happy to send you an out-take or answer any questions. Thanks and happy days to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment