Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Sleep is Over-rated

So I can't sleep. It happens. When it does, my mind tends to wander toward my writing. Tonight, it didn't land on a book, but rather on a concept; neglect.

This word brought about two very different topics within two very different books of mine. The first is Mage of Chaos, Book 1 of #ShadowGodsSeries and the characters of Dohan and Jayk. Within the pages of the novel, Dohan sees a lot of himself within the young mage, Jayk. But he also sees things he doesn't like. Things like hatred and revenge. Dohan doesn't want Jayk to follow in his footsteps so he wants Jayk's mentor to also become his friend. However, within the book I never specifically cover this and within a few moments of lying in bed staring at the wall, if figured out where I could insert this concept. Thus my night of none sleep has turned into a night of editing and writing.

The second book where the word neglect fits is in The Burden of Immortality. Now, I just finished a rewrite of the first two chapters within the book and am currently republishing, but if I had one word which describes the main character's childhood, it would be neglect. Of course, I never use that word within the book, but its fitting. In fact, to describe it best I would have to say that Drazan is like a broken toy which sits neglected in the corner and not even worth the effort of throwing away. Now take yourself and view it from Drazan's perspective. How would it feel to see your parents shun you, neglect you, dismiss you for your whole life? It would make me angry, fill me with hatred, and probably turn my attitude against myself. After all, for them to reject me would mean that there has to be something wrong with me. And this is pretty much how Drazan feels within the opening of the story.

And now that I've done my editing and writing for the night, I think it might be time to give sleep another try. Good night all. Sweet Dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Maintain total, rather than floor, salt available. iwc replica sale cinnamon is, nutmeg, as well as peppercorns final for a long time compared to their own floor counterparts. Simply make use of a good grater or even mortar & pestle in order to grate all of them in to your own meal whenever required. Their own tastes will remain clean for a long time as well as help you save in the costs associated with changing your own omega replica sale. Whenever cooking food the hamburger, input it within the griddle upon it's aspect, & allow the body fat get to the griddle. The inside includes a wallet associated with body fat about the thin advantage, and also the healthy, wealthy body fat is amazing-added taste when you still prepare your own hamburger toned upon every longines replica sale. Whenever deep-frying meals, make use of extended tongs to put the actual items within the essential oil, nevertheless maintain all of them just below the actual oil's area for assorted mere seconds prior to liberating. This can help the actual not in the meals begin to prepare, hublot replica sale the top & preventing this through being dedicated to the underside from the fryer or even container. An individual will be cooking food ham about the barbeque grill or even within the broiler within the range, ensure that you have the spatula available to show the actual ham. You don't to utilize a branch to show the actual cartier replica sale because this can pierce the actual not in the hamburger as well as discharge the actual fruit juices within. Consider the actual guidance you have discovered with this are accountable to your own kitchen area and obtain cooking food.

    ReplyDelete