Friday, September 25, 2015

Editing Madman

In a mad rush to use the few hours of solitude I had while I traveled to the other side of the country, I nearly completed the second edit of Priest of Chaos for #ShadowGodsSeries. Yet, within a day of returning to my home, I finished the task. This may be the fasted edit I've been privy too, but I wasn't quite finished. After another hour of spell check and review, I think it's ready for my first outside reading.

Now that it's done, I've moved back to Mage of Chaos and begun another review of that book with the edits I've received. So far, they're not too bad. However, I've looked ahead and know they get worse. Nevertheless, this is my choice work, my life long endeavor, and my legacy. Though I know they can never be perfect, I want them to be clean and precise. I don't want my future readers to be distracted by small errors that could be otherwise corrected. This is a daunting task I put before me. Thankfully, I love the story and am not bored with it yet even though I've read it a half dozen times.

Next is Warrior of Chaos. In that book, the blood bath begins and I can't wait to begin editing it. In a way, Mage sets the stage, Priest introduces all the parties, and Warrior starts the real war. Yet, it is a war that covers multiple fronts with multiple parties either going against each other or forming alliances. Whether those treaties remain is another story and only one god really understands the outcome of it all. Still, this is just the third book of nine, so nothing is as it seems at this point.

Then there is Opal, the next and last book in the #StoneVengeanceSeries. I've been stuck on this book for months, but I finally had a breakthrough moment last week. I didn't write anything in the novel yet, but I have an idea of where to move the story to next. Now I just need to find the time, motivation, and correct mindset to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment