Sunday, March 24, 2013

Purpose

Most of the time I right with a purpose. I have a starting thought and somehow work through any difficulties only to discover my direction may have changed but the end goal is still reached. Today, my writing was not like this. Today, I started off with nothing but a half completed chapter which lacked direction and focus. Thankfully, words and ideas twisted together giving purpose to where none existed before. Best part of it all, it all made sense in the end and leads the reader down a path I hope will provide enlightenment along with setting up that unexpected turn of events later on. After all, writing isn't always supposed to be predictable.

On another note, I saw a movie today which was both sadly predictable and unrealistic. I'm almost ashamed to have paid money to witness the atrocity which constitutes a decently written movie script by Hollywood. This is not to say I could do better, but then I'm not a script writer, however, I do think Jeremiah Stone or my upcoming book Dream Savior would provide something new to the public. Now saying that might seem brash, but after witnessing the simple stupidity of recent films I can't help but to throw down the proverbial gauntlet. And I do know one of these days I'll get my chance to prove myself to a greater audience. For now, I'll plod away as my writing improves from book to book, idea to idea. Best of all, I have lots of ideas.

Lastly, my next book to complete is coming along swimmingly. Burden is both simple and masterful. It follows a similar theme of most of my books, but this one has had its challenges. Its been the most difficult book I've written to date because I've had to plan things out logically, create scenarios which are both plausible and surreal, while evolving the main character as he journeys from loser to... well I'm not going to give it away here. (lol) Anyway, I'll be glad to finish it and move it into the editing phase, as I've done with so many other books. Nevertheless, I hope to have it out by this time next year so you won't have to wait long before you can either love it or criticize it. After all, the ending is not as you may suspect, at least I hope it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment