Sunday, March 31, 2013

Small Adjustments

Sometimes you think you never have time to do the little things yet we all know its the little things often make the biggest differences. Tonight I took the time to do one of those little things I've been meaning to do for quite some time. By this I mean I've edited my blog layout just a bit. By this I mean I've gone in an manually edited the HTML code to add a few items I've been wanting to do for quite some time yet haven't found the time for. Namely, I added widgets down the right sidebar for Limbus and Azazel, adjusted the picture for Jeremiah Stone in the sidebar so it fits better, and added links to each of the pictures so if a blogger clicks on the pic it takes them to the book listing on Amazon. I've also adjusted the page width and changed out the picture at the bottom to show all five titles which will soon be out. Again, these are simple things with took me about two hours, but its two hours I never seemed to find before.

Also, along the theme of little things, I have to admit even when I was feeling sick while squished in a center seat of a plane over the Rocky Mountains I was writing. I wasn't really in the mood, but I needed to finish a chapter so I put my mind to task and ended up starting the next chapter. Granted it was less than a thousand words, but every little bit counts. And I've always said words written down are ten times better than words written only in your thoughts. Besides, if they suck you can always go back and edit them. The best part of this writing, however, was the mental state of focusing and accomplishing even though my body didn't feel willing which gives me the confidence to forget about writer's block and just get to it.

Lastly, I want to give a shout out to those who've read my books, liked them, and reviewed them on either Amazon or Barnes & Noble. It's this type of encouragement which stirs my motivation to continue with my passion. Fortunately for the readers following me, I have a lot more books, both written and in the works, I want to get out to you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I love writing them.

Thanks, and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment