Sunday, April 14, 2013

Beginnings and an End

First off, I want to thank a very patient young man who developed the cover of Ferryman for me, Tyler Melhart. I say patient because I must've emailed him a dozen times with different suggestion concerning how thing were laid out only to reverse what I asked for the next day after seeing how horrible the implementation of my suggestion looked (completely my fault). Thankfully, he has a better eye than I do so it worked out for the best. And please, let me know what you think of it since you can compare it to my draft at the bottom of the page (for a little longer at least).
And if you look closely, the face in the eye is none other than from  the cover of Jeremiah Stone which, if you've read the book, you know to be Hades. Considering how this turned out, I'm similarly optimistic he can do the same for my other books, starting with Beginnings which I know my rough draft to be kinda plain.

Along the same lines of looking toward the future, I turned over both Ferryman and Beginnings to be edited while getting the first round of edits back for Dream Savior. As expected (because I haven't edited Dream Savior before) there were a lot of corrections, at least in the beginning. Starting about mid-way through the book, the edits thin out which I hope is a good thing. However, I do know one of the last scenes needs to be drastically re-written, along with all the dreams sequences in the book, a task my editor/co-author has decided to take on. Well see how it all turns out shortly, though I think Dream Savior will go through many more edits before being finalized, so it may not be out by August as I'd hoped.

Lastly, I've made some progress on Burden. Where I was once stuck is now no longer an issue and I've pieced together where the story is heading up to the finale. So far, I'm 58,500+ words into it and have another 5,000-10,000 to go, maybe more. Anyway, I'm working it and plan to finish it within the next month or so, depending on my travel schedule and spare time. Speaking of which, maybe I should hustle upstairs to write a few words now.

No comments:

Post a Comment