Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Good and Bad

So I've had to do a bit of research on Astrology lately for my current project along with looking into the fabled mysticism of Tarot in order to create a scene vital to the story line. From this, I've put together a scene in which the main character gets a Reading and I interpret the results based on my research (and it's something I don't want to get wrong). So, after a bit of time, I've come up with my plan and executed it hoping I wasn't way off base. Guess what, after sending the section of the book off to a friend who knows a friend who does Readings, I was able to get some positive feedback. I'd gotten it correct (mostly) and with only a few minor tweaks, it'd stand up under scrutiny. After all, I like things I've written to be plausible, even for fiction. For me, the believability factor is crucial (as I suspect it is with most authors).

Anyway, with this out of the way, I can continue to let the story unfold. Best of all, with my good guys acting as bad guys and my bad guys acting nice, the main character is caught in a dilemma of who can she trust and not trust as she's pulled in every direction except the one she wants to go. And with a love interest thrown into the mix, her decisions are often not what they should logically be, especially since the Tarot Reading suggested any venture into love will end in tragedy. Of course, she doesn't remember much of the Reading because of the stress of the situation. Oh well, her loss.


Now for the bad news: I've run out of time to write. For a period there, I was jamming along, but then my trip finished, I got home, and things have come to a screeching halt. Yard work, house work, camping, family, etc… it all prevents me from following my passion to the point I've lost my focus on the book. I’m stuck, wandering aimlessly about as if I don’t know where the story should head next, even if I did have time to write. This isn't good and reminds me of my time spent on Burden, something I dread repeating. Either way, I've come to a halt and hope to someday soon get back in the writing mood. Until I have time, I’ll jut have to ponder the possibilities and bide my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment