Friday, May 10, 2013

What's happening NOW!!!

You know, I'm not really keeping up on my blog like I want, but than work hasn't been cooperating much lately. Long nights and seventeen hours days does leave one a bit tired and unmotivated. Today, however, I'm beginning to reverse the process. With some time to myself, I wrote 2,000 words on top of the 6,000 I started a few days ago in Child of Need. It's not much, but its progress and I can't argue with any time I get to write. And I'm actually liking the story. I was unsure of it at first, but the time I've spent rolling the idea around in my head has lent itself to a good start (at least I think so). 

This is also the first time I've tried to write from a woman's point of view. This isn't to say I haven't written women's parts before, but this book will solely be from her view. So far, I find it a little daunting as I have to take a step back and see myself as more emotional and reactive instead of logical and proactive (a main theme to the male characters I write). While this doesn't seems overly difficult, it's out of the norm for me causing me to change the opening few scenes already. I must say, however, it adds a level of unpredictability to the story which hasn't been a bad thing.

The other thing I've noticed is I've created the main character (Cassandra) to be a bit of a bitch. She's uptight, self-righteous, and stubborn, though inside she's quite the opposite. All I can say for now is I like her. In a few chapters that may change, but it seems to work at the moment.

Now for something completely different; a moment of poetry I attempted years ago. (PS - Don't read into it too much because its just the ramblings of a disturbed man....me...LOL)

Now

Time is a distant memory
      Passing though the oblivion of an honest mind
To think of here and now
      Is perception’s past of the meaningless kind
Were figments of thoughts
      Are delayed in glorious and righteous truth
The end of eternity
      Where existence lies without concrete proof
The sum of a perfect life
      Souls caught within heaven’s majestic sight
Cherishing moments peace
      Finding strength in Christ’s overwhelming light
Standing before pearly gates
      Within touching distance of pure faith and grace
Stepping into perfection
      And into the reality of God’s enlightened place
A journey's completion
      The end and beginning of a very adverse road
Where destiny provides
      Into his graces and truth my soul has been sold

No comments:

Post a Comment