Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Worth

Another piece of new writing. Yea, part of a theme lately: What have we become? What destination have you taken me? Is it a trip I still want to endure? These are the questions I ask myself as you turn away. Before that, however, I saw your head nod in agreement though your body language held contempt. I felt the sweetness of your smile as you shrugged me away in dismissal. I heard the encouragement in your voice yet you didn't listen to a spoken word from my mouth. I smelt the rapture of your screams fade away quickly as another entered your thoughts. If only you could have understood my plea from love from the words I wrote, but you were on a different chapter in another book, so my voice fell on deaf ears. Therefore, I cannot cling to hope anymore nor can I understand my worth within your eyes. Where I once saw passion, I now see nothingness. I used to see so many things within your grace, but what I never saw were the tears you shed when I was gone. So what does it mean when love only exist when I stand in front of you? It means nothing right now except a silent heartache, a painful tears, and a memory which will never fade. And in the darkness I evaluate my worth and find I was only a single day away from being forgotten. It's hardly worth the effort to write this, but it's my only way of accounting for my thoughts, your actions. -- A day. One solitary day. And I'm gone. Such a disgrace.

On a lighter note, I got the newest cover for Azazel: Book 3 of my Stone Vengeance series. Looks awesome. Love it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment