Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's Been Done Before!


So I said I was taking a break for the holidays, but boredom has struck; either that or the lack of money that usually comes with the Christmas season doesn't allow me the normal freedoms. Whatever it is, I’m back on the computer thinking of story-lines while trying not to edit. Editing, however, often takes my thoughts as I can think of nothing else with which to do of just a few minutes. I mean to write and write effectively a person should dedicate a good four-plus hours to the task. And I rarely have four hours in which to dedicate to anything.

But my mind tends to wander.

On those trips into my imagination, I've become fixated on one story-line; the one I posted last blog. The problem is I’m trying to discover what hasn't been done yet. Now, I have the basic concept I want to explore, but a key detail is lacking. As I begin to contemplate the possibilities, I can only think I’m repeating something that’s already been done is some way. It’s not a good feeling especially for my normally creative mind. This block I eventually hope to overcome, but right now I’m stuck in a vicious circle of useless ideas.

After all, Jeremiah Stone was original, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment