Wednesday, December 26, 2012

So Much For That

So I thought I was going to take a break from it all and read a few books, but once again I'm distracted by something else. This time it's Burden, which I started to correct some out-of-order context issues and am now immersed in the story once again. Best of all, the main character is starting to evolve while questioning that evolution, yet he still is unaware of where this will end, or even where it's leading too. Hopefully the reader will be just as shocked once I get to that ah ha moment near the end. And believe me, there will be a twist. The best part is I've got it figured out already, its just the journey I have to complete now.

On another note, I was speaking to my uncle about his books, the one already published and the one he's currently writing, and discovered he's having a problem with his ah ha moment. The problem is I don't know how to help him, though he says he's probably only about 30 pages from the ending. I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to read it beyond what he's provided me so far.

And, of course, I'm still running through a few edits on Azazel before sending it back for final editing. As with any author, the more you read what you've written the more you find little places to tweak it here and there. The small changes I continue to make are probably unnecessary, but I do think the story reads better because of them. Just a slightly better flow, if you will. The question is how much do I really want to make these alterations? I guess I've got about a week to figure out the answer to that.

Now back to the grind. Hope everyone had a good Holiday Season and will have a prosperous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment