Friday, September 20, 2013

Choices

During a fatalistic phase, I wrote this....

We have a choice. Life or Death. We have a choice.

Every day we make a choice, consciously or not, on whether we wish to go on in this façade of a life or not. Most don’t even know they make this choice as they go about their business, but I do. I see the window I can jump out of. I see the approaching bridge as I’m driving. I see the bottle of pills on the counter-top. With everything I see I make the conscious choice to continue my existence because I have more to live for than I have to lose. But with every passing day I wonder if that balance is going to shift. I wonder if what I’m living for is enough. I wonder if I have the strength to fight through a bad day and survive into the next.

There are some days, however, where I have teetered on that brink. I hate those days because if I actually knew I’d made my peace with GOD, you wouldn’t be here to read this.


Nor would I be here to type this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment