Friday, September 6, 2013

Hope

A twist of hope:

Hope is not always what it seems. Hope can be a killer. Hope can be a twist of the knife in the small of your back when you least expect it. Hope can be the turning point from life to death. Hope brings forth thoughts of salvation when disaster looms heavy, right before the floor falls out from beneath your feet. Hope is the angel of irony. Hope is God's joke on humanity.

Yet it is hope that causes us to aspire to something greater than what we are. It is hope which reaches out it's hand in the most desperate of times, raising us out of the ashes. And it's hope which gives many of us the will to live another day.

I have lived with hope for a long time and often I pray that hope never leaves me, even when it falters sometimes. This is because I doubt humanity can evolve without it. In fact, I doubt I can evolve without it. This is the power of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment